Who is Water Resource Specialist?
A Water Resource Specialist is a specialist in the area of hydrology who has extensive knowledge of the water supply and quality rules in place to guarantee that the quality and quantity of water supply meet the demands. They concentrate on subjects such as surface runoff, freshwater conservation, and so on, in addition to guaranteeing the quality of drinking water. Simply stated, Water Resource Specialists are concerned with providing advice on water availability and quality, as well as designing techniques for conserving water resources.
Their goal is to guarantee that everyone has access to a clean, safe, and sufficient amount of water for consumption, as well as effective water storage and long-term water resource management. This includes water bodies in man-made and natural environments both. One of the roles of a Water Resource Specialist is to advise on suitable wastewater disposal solutions. The knowledge of local and national laws is also crucial.
Typical day at work
What does Water Resource Specialist do?
A water resource specialist is knowledgeable about water supply, quality, and laws in place to guarantee that quality and supply requirements are satisfied. They create or execute water resource-related programs and strategies, such as supply, quality, and regulatory compliance. They Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality modeling and Analyze stormwater systems to identify opportunities for water resource improvements.
The roles and responsibilities of a Water Resource Specialist include:
- To collate data regarding water resources using software such as Geographic Information Systems or Global Position Systems
- To identify and understand the specific causes of water pollution, contamination, and other water quality problems
- To conduct or supervise technical research on issues such as storage of water, discharge of wastewater, pollutants, and concerns with compliance and regulatory permits
- To chart strategies and plans for the conservation and rehabilitation of watershed quality
- To ensure the compliance of regulatory practices for the conservation of water resources
- To initiate, supervise, and lead water outreach programs
- To draft proposals, informational resources, and reports about the water supply and demand, water purification etc and present it to the government and other stakeholders.
- To evaluate the water safety levels in an area using quality testing and monitor the water levels to ensure an adequate supply of water
- Design assess water detention, storm drainage, flood control, and other hydraulic structures and facilities
- To suggest updates or alternatives to policies, practices, permits regarding methods of water management to support conservation goals
- To offer technical expertise by reviewing plans related to water resource concerns
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Water Resource Specialist?
- A genuine commitment to the protection and preservation of water bodies is necessary for this career.
- In-depth knowledge of geography, chemistry, mathematics, physics, as it relates to water resources, is necessary.
- Individuals who choose this career need to be adept at communicating, critical thinking, observing details, and problem-solving in order to find resolutions to complex water problems through sound reasoning and judgment. Water Resource Specialists are curious and investigative persons who want to assist the environment and people.
- A job as a Water Resource Specialist shall involve working for extended periods of time on a flexible schedule which is why aspirants need to be persevering and possess physical stamina. Another crucial skill that an aspirant for this vocation must possess is the ability to operate as part of a team as well as manage and lead individuals.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Water Resource Specialist?
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
Kattangal, Kerala | AICTE, UGCNIRF Rank : 3
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | Savitribai Phule Pune University, PuneNIRF Rank : 10
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh | AICTE, NBANIRF Rank : 14
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad
Dhanbad, Jharkhand | Indian Institute of technologyNIRF Rank : 15
National Institute of Technology Rourkela
Rourkela, Odisha | UGCNIRF Rank : 16
JSS Medical College, Mysore
Mysuru, Karnataka | Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, KarnatakaNIRF Rank : 17
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
Vadodara, Gujarat | U.G.C, N.A.A.CNIRF Rank : 17
Punjabi University, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGC, NAAC.AIUNIRF Rank : 18
Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali
Jaipur, Rajasthan | UGCNIRF Rank : 19
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
Mangaluru, Karnataka |NIRF Rank : 21
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGCNIRF Rank : 23
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGC,AIUNIRF Rank : 29
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGCNIRF Rank : 31
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Rohtak, Haryana | UGC, NAAC-ANIRF Rank : 32
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Varanasi | ACU AIU NAAC UGCNIRF Rank : 39
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Raipur, Chhattisgarh | UGCNIRF Rank : 48
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
National Institute of Technology Silchar
Silchar, Assam | UGCNIRF Rank : 51
VELS Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | ?UGC NAACNIRF Rank : 52
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Thanesar, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 53
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
Jaipur, Rajasthan | ?AICTE, MHRDNIRF Rank : 53
JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore
Mysuru | UGCNIRF Rank : 55
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Allahabad
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh | UGC, ACU AIU IAU IAUANIRF Rank : 56
Sacred Heart College, Ernakulam
Thevara, Kochi | Mahatma Gandhi University, KottayamNIRF Rank : 57
Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation University(K L College of Engineering), Vaddeswaram
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh | University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical EducationNIRF Rank : 58
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
Surat, Gujarat | UGC, NBANIRF Rank : 58
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
Ubak, Himachal Pradesh | Ministry of Human Resource DevelopmentNIRF Rank : 60
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Solan
Solan, Himachal Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 65
National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir |NIRF Rank : 69
National Institute of Technology Agartala
Paschim Barjalai, Tripura | UGCNIRF Rank : 70
National Institute of Technology Raipur
Raipur, Chhattisgarh | UGCNIRF Rank : 74
PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
Chandigarh, Chandigarh | Panjab University, ChandigarhNIRF Rank : 78
University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad
Hyderabad, Telangana | Osmania University, HyderabadNIRF Rank : 83
Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 89
IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala
jalandhar | UGC, AICTENIRF Rank : 96
Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla
Burla, Odisha | UGCNIRF Rank : 126
National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand | UGCNIRF Rank : 130
National Institute of Technology Patna
Patna, Bihar | UGCNIRF Rank : 134
YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad
Faridabad, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 144
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Nadia
Kolkata, West Bengal | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, KolkataNIRF Rank : 165
The National Institute of Engineering, Mysuru
Mysuru, Karnataka | Visvesvaraya Technological University, BelagaviNIRF Rank : 178
Sharda University, Greater Noida
Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh | Sharda University, Greater NoidaNIRF Rank : 179
Which industries are open for Water Resource Specialist?
Ready to become Water Resource Specialist?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Water Resource Specialist?
What does the future look like for Water Resource Specialist?
Water Resource Specialists are employed by government agencies as well as private companies in areas of water, sewage, and sanitary utility services. They also serve as consultants for environmental and engineering firms and in the field of research and academia. They can work as full-time employees or on a temporary contract basis as well. For individuals who are results-oriented and motivated to contribute to the conservation of the environment, this job presents itself as a good fit. While demanding, this job also allows offers job security and satisfaction from working towards the betterment of the environment and the people.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum