Who is Visual Communication Designer?
Visual communications is a creative field that encompass graphic design, business and multimedia design, digital media and environmental graphics. Visual communication is a creative process that blends art and technology to communicate ideas and information visually to the audience that can be read or looked upon. Visual communication relies on vision, and is primarily presented or expressed with two-dimensional images using signs, typography, drawing, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, advertising, animation color, and electronic resources.
Typical day at work
What does Visual Communication Designer do?
Visual Communication Designer works on the symbols, logo, design, color, type, shape, and form of visual-based things. They work on visual-based things and create designs and aspects in such a way that the objects provide a personified or strong visual appeal. The visualization skills of these professionals help them in designing, creating, changing, and modifying things visually. They create a raw design based on their selected concept, create sample illustrations, finalize the work by figuring out the content based on their visual appearance, arrange all the illustrative work, create a layout of the final designs, and work according to it. They also create graphics, logos, and websites for the visual enhancement of the product.
Visual communications designers are specialized graphic designers that use graphics software applications, various technological tools, devices, and mediums to create visual design elements or aids to bring out a message through a visual form such as photos, videos and more.
- Establish the look and resizing for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, apps, kiosks, games and wearable
- Create layouts showcasing brand’s style or voice and working within the brand guidelines
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes or screen mock-ups
- Design logos, icons, and infographics
- Work on presentation materials and interactive event materials
- To improve user experience combine colours, shapes and typography fonts
- Design original graphics using hand painting and drawing applications
- Refine illustrations using visual design software
- Apply sketching techniques to enhance digital images
- Present rough drafts to gain approval
- Develop prototypes and models
- Brainstorm new ideas, layouts and graphics
- Stay up-to-date with design application changes and industry developments
- Create brochure or full-length animation
- Collaborate with sales and Marketing departments to create engaging and compelling product visual stories.
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Visual Communication Designer?
- Along with creativity, visual communication designer must the ability to juggle many projects together efficiently and in a timely manner. One must also have strong conceptual and creative thinking with problem-solving abilities to execute a well-crafted idea. They must also have impeccable communication skills, both in verbal and in written form.
- One must also be skilled in presentation and the use of specialized graphic design, computer software like Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, necessary for preparation of designs.
- A successful visual communication designer must possess the ability to visualize a concept, judge, and choose appropriate colors and designs that translate the client’s ideas into illustrations. Aspiring individuals must also have an incredible eye for detail. It will require you to make ultimate use of your creative potential, imagination, and artistic expression as they would have to solve problems creatively and adapt their style if needed.
- They must also possess the abilities of self-promotion and self-motivation, and the ability to work to deadlines. Lastly, one needs to know basic business know-how and be good at communicating and negotiating with clients and colleagues.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Visual Communication Designer?
Loyola College, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | University of Madras, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 6
Madras Christian College, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 13
Symbiosis International University, Pune
Lavale, Maharashtra | Symbiosis International University, PuneNIRF Rank : 22
Women`s Christian College, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 32
St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli
Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu | Bharathidasan University, TiruchirappalliNIRF Rank : 39
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupathi
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Vellore | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | Sathyabama University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 47
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
Phagwara, Punjab | UGC, AIU, PCI, NCTE, COA, ACBSP,NIRF Rank : 52
VELS Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | ?UGC NAACNIRF Rank : 52
Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation University(K L College of Engineering), Vaddeswaram
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh | University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical EducationNIRF Rank : 58
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu | SRM University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 73
St. Xavier's College, Palayamkottai
Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu | Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, TirunelveliNIRF Rank : 74
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
Chennai | NAAC; UGCNIRF Rank : 95
PES University, Bengaluru
Bengaluru, Karnataka | AICTE, NAAC, UGCNIRF Rank : 149
Dr Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | UGCNIRF Rank : 154
Which industries are open for Visual Communication Designer?
Ready to become Visual Communication Designer?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Visual Communication Designer?
What does the future look like for Visual Communication Designer?
A career in visual communication designing can be specifically be found in web and multimedia design, graphic design or advertising. Potential employers also include publishers, advertising firms, education institutions, corporations and design firms.
Visual Communication Designers can also choose to provide work at freelance or contractual basis, to gain for flexibility and varied projects. The potential job titles which can be found are communications specialist, graphic designer, multimedia director, and web designer.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum