Who is Social Scientist?
Social scientists look at every facet of society, from historical events and accomplishments to individual behaviour and group connections. Their findings provide light on how people, communities, and institutions make choices, exert power, and adapt to change. Social scientists conduct different experiments and studies, hoping to produce replicable results that offer insight into the human condition and the ways we impact one another. They seek to understand each individual's cultural perspective and relationships among people living in the environment. They help us imagine alternative futures.
Typical day at work
What does Social Scientist do?
Social scientists analyze all the social systems and information. They tend to structurally understand the various aspects and changes in society and then draw conclusions based on it. Their work is also to form and implement various strategies to affect, direct or see a particular opinion or the ideology of a particular population. Social scientists are also involved in time-consuming research and creating hypotheses while understanding the ever-changing societies concerning their cultural connotations. They often collect evidence and view patterns from past human behaviours and relationships to predict their future repercussions. Their research is often based on the ever-changing dynamics of the eras that are gone, the contemporary society, and the future mouldings the society might change into.
- Observe links between society and human behavior.
- Conduct field studies of cultures.
- Design and lead research projects, including both long and short-term projects.
- Formulate research questions.
- Provide analysis of collected information.
- Plans, designs, and authorizes highly complex research projects to provide a framework for collection and analysis.
- Conducts and manages ethnographic research, determines methodology, and analysis to develop research instruments for interview protocols and surveys.
- Provides authoritative advice on all phases, types of socio-cultural research, and analysis to develop a common operating picture of the socio-cultural combat environment for recommendations
- Directs and participates in qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies to include direct observation, visual ethnography, key leader engagement, participant observation, depth interviewing, group or focus group interviewing, surveying, secondary source research, and mixed method approaches.
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Social Scientist?
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing - Effectively communicating through writing in a manner that is acceptable for the audience's requirements.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Science - Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Decision Making and Judgment - Considering the relative costs and advantages of many options in order to choose the best one.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Social Scientist?
Presidency College, Chennai
Chennai | UGCNIRF Rank : 3
Loyola College, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | University of Madras, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 6
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Manipal,karnataka | Medical Council of IndiaNIRF Rank : 7
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | Savitribai Phule Pune University, PuneNIRF Rank : 10
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
Sidhuwal, Punjab | UGCNIRF Rank : 10
Madras Christian College, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 13
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad
Dhanbad, Jharkhand | Indian Institute of technologyNIRF Rank : 15
National Institute of Technology Rourkela
Rourkela, Odisha | UGCNIRF Rank : 16
JSS Medical College, Mysore
Mysuru, Karnataka | Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, KarnatakaNIRF Rank : 17
PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu | Bharathiar University, CoimbatoreNIRF Rank : 17
Punjabi University, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGC, NAAC.AIUNIRF Rank : 18
Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali
Jaipur, Rajasthan | UGCNIRF Rank : 19
Indian Institute of Technology
Mandi, Himachal Pradesh |NIRF Rank : 20
Symbiosis International University, Pune
Lavale, Maharashtra | Symbiosis International University, PuneNIRF Rank : 22
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGCNIRF Rank : 23
University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
Dilshad Garden, New Delhi | MCINIRF Rank : 23
Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Shillong, Meghalaya | AutonomousNIRF Rank : 24
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGC,AIUNIRF Rank : 29
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Varanasi | ACU AIU NAAC UGCNIRF Rank : 39
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupathi
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
National Institute of Technology Durgapur
Durgapur, West Bengal | Deemed UniversityNIRF Rank : 46
College of Pharmacy, Madras Medical College, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | PCI, Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 47
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Raipur, Chhattisgarh | UGCNIRF Rank : 48
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
Bethune College, Kolkata
Kolkata | ?University of CalcuttaNIRF Rank : 50
National Institute of Technology Silchar
Silchar, Assam | UGCNIRF Rank : 51
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, Coimbatore
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu | Bharathiar University, CoimbatoreNIRF Rank : 53
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Thanesar, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 53
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
Jaipur, Rajasthan | ?AICTE, MHRDNIRF Rank : 53
JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore
Mysuru | UGCNIRF Rank : 55
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Allahabad
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh | UGC, ACU AIU IAU IAUANIRF Rank : 56
Stella Maris College for Women, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 58
St. Joseph`s College of Commerce, Bengaluru
Bengaluru, Karnataka | Bangalore University, BangaloreNIRF Rank : 61
St. Teresa's College, Ernakulam
Ernakulam Kochi, Kerala | Mahatma Gandhi University, KottayamNIRF Rank : 64
Madras School of Social Work, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | University of Madras, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 65
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu | SRM University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 73
St. Xavier's College, Palayamkottai
Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu | Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, TirunelveliNIRF Rank : 74
Lady Doak College, Madurai
Madurai | MKU,MaduraiNIRF Rank : 79
Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 89
St. Francis College for Women, Hyderabad
Hyderabad, Telangana | Osmania University, HyderabadNIRF Rank : 95
Dr Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | UGCNIRF Rank : 154
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad
Faridabad, Haryana | Manav Rachna International University, FaridabadNIRF Rank : 164
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar
Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 173
Which industries are open for Social Scientist?
Ready to become Social Scientist?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Social Scientist?
What does the future look like for Social Scientist?
For many social science areas, the good news is that employment growth is outpacing the national rate. However, as the need for competent graduates increases, so does the competition for employment. Social scientists' career and financial prospects differ by discipline. It is projected that jobs for sociologists nationwide would increase by 4% from 2020 to 2029. Employment for anthropologists and archaeologists is projected to rise by 5%, with a rise of 3% for jobs for historians. Political scientists, on the other hand, were expected to see a 6 per cent growth in job changes over the same time period.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum