Who is Polymer Engineer?
A portfolio manager is in charge of investing the assets of a mutual, exchange-traded, or closed-end fund, executing its investment strategy, and overseeing day-to-day portfolio trading. One of the most crucial elements to consider is the portfolio manager when it comes to funding investment. Portfolio managers choose the goods, sectors, and areas that will make up their company's investment portfolio. These managers are in charge of the portfolio's overall performance. In meetings with stakeholders, they must also explain investment choices and plans.
Typical day at work
What does Polymer Engineer do?
A portfolio manager is a high-level financial analyst who helps a firm or customer make executive choices. Portfolio management is one of an investment banker's roles other than fund management. Portfolio management firms or investment banks often employ these managers; however, they can work for several companies. A portfolio manager's responsibilities include managing a team of financial analysts and developing a financial portfolio for a firm or client. Portfolio managers assist in deciding which sectors, products, and areas to invest in. Portfolio managers must also lead investor meetings and adjust portfolios fast in response to market fluctuations.
To conduct various lab studies, collect and analyse the data to prepare reports on the new initiatives and ideas.
To coordinate with the superior and subordinate colleagues to successfully implement new ideas
Manage different programs/ projects simultaneously.
To use appropriate processing techniques for each development program
Administer and analyze all data for all customers and technical management and recommend investigations for all polymer processes.
To ensure the quality of the product
To adhere to the safety instructions
To develop strategies to improve the quality of the product
Assistance and conflict resolution for the customers.
Ensuring the client's demands and preferences are met
Provide support to all business units and provide support to all plastic injection moulding techniques.
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Polymer Engineer?
- He should have a creative mind.
- The Polymer Engineer or technician should have the ability to analyze every aspect of the manufacturing process of a polymer product.
- He should have inquisitive mind throughout his career.
- He must always pay attention towards every step of the manufacturing process of the Polymer products and the operational procedure of the handling of manufacturing products.
- The Polymer Engineer/Technician must have the ability to work in a team.
- The ability to communicate in the English language (verbal and writing) is mandatory.
- Sound knowledge in science subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Additionally, you should be well familiar with computer science which is indispensable in any Engineering education.
- Last but not the least he must always remain updated about the latest scientific development in the field of Polymer Science.
- You should always keep sufficient knowledge about the Polymer technology which is changing continuously.
- You should always strive to learn new techniques & technologies about this field by attending different short courses, seminars arranged by the Industry & different scientific communities from time to time.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Polymer Engineer?
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | Savitribai Phule Pune University, PuneNIRF Rank : 10
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh | AICTE, NBANIRF Rank : 14
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad
Dhanbad, Jharkhand | Indian Institute of technologyNIRF Rank : 15
National Institute of Technology Rourkela
Rourkela, Odisha | UGCNIRF Rank : 16
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
Vadodara, Gujarat | U.G.C, N.A.A.CNIRF Rank : 17
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
Mangaluru, Karnataka |NIRF Rank : 21
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGC,AIUNIRF Rank : 29
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupathi
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu | SRM University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 73
Tezpur University, Tezpur
Tezpur, Assam | N/ANIRF Rank : 104
School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin
Kochi, Kerala | Cochin University of Science and Technology, KochiNIRF Rank : 116
Dr Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | UGCNIRF Rank : 154
Which industries are open for Polymer Engineer?
- Polymer Manufacturing and User Industry
- Public and Private Sectors
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas
- Oil and Natural Gas Commission
- Oil India Laboratories
- Petrochemicals engineering plants
- Indian Institute of petroleum
- Polymers corporations of different states
- Petroleum conservation
- Research Association of India
- Petrofiles Cooperative Limited
- Research and Development,
Ready to become Polymer Engineer?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Polymer Engineer?
What does the future look like for Polymer Engineer?
A career in a finance company is a perfect option indeed. Job possibilities are being created in a wide variety of companies due to economic expansion and liberalization. Additionally, the aspiring portfolio manager might begin their career as a financial analyst and work their way up to portfolio manager. The employment for this group of workers will increase at an above-average rate of 5% over the 2019-2029 decade. Individuals have increased their investment in financial assets over the last several years for various reasons. As a result, portfolio manager positions are becoming more scarce in India. In India, a portfolio manager works mainly in an office setting. Their job involves researching different kinds of financial securities and analyzing the client's financial ability to invest in them. Therefore, the Work is limited to one's desk. The job is filled with tight schedules, networking events, and product launches.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum