Who is Multimedia Artist?
A multimedia artist is someone who develops visual and special effects for animation in video games, movies, advertisements, music videos, and other forms of media by utilising computers or other electronic equipment. These animators are up-to-date in the latest technology and will design, develop, test, and create new applications to execute their job. They may build two- and three-dimensional models and animation, depicting items in motion or illustrating a process.
Typical day at work
What does Multimedia Artist do?
Someone who is knowledgeable in graphics technology applications and who makes designs and effects for digital media is known as a multimedia artist. The job role of a Multimedia Artist is to create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in commercials, movies, music videos, computer games and commercials.
- A multimedia artist creatively design images, two-dimensional and three-dimensional, illustrating a process or objects in motion.
- They would use modeling programs or computer animation to achieve the images. The designing process uses complex animation and design that would be used for commercials, music video’s or game video’s, as well as, the special effects for movies or animation.
- In the creativity process a multimedia artist and animator would have the talent and expertise to manipulate light, shadow, color, texture and other skills to give the images a lifelike appearance.
- They may edit animation to create storyboards and direct and edit the story development. Other areas of this career field is the design and creation of labels, direct mail and also developing multimedia presentations, briefings, web pages or technical illustrations among other specific parts of the job.
- A multimedia artist and animator would need to be skilled in software and hand drawing techniques, scripting, planning and maintaining or implementing control systems.
- They need to be able to scan, typeset, and produce film negatives and digital camera-ready art. A knowledge background in graphics and graphic tablets, development environment software and other technology would be expected.
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Multimedia Artist?
- To become a Multimedia Artist one should have Artistic talent, good communication and computer skills. Creativity and time-management skills.
- They must be driven by a strong desire to master new skills on their own time. The area is fast-paced and continually changing, necessitating the need for someone who can quickly adjust to new situations.
- A multimedia artist's job requires him or her to keep up with the continuously changing trends and technological advancements. Because new technology is being developed on a daily basis, technologies and media platforms get swiftly out of touch with the times.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Multimedia Artist?
Loyola College, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | University of Madras, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 6
St. Xavier`s College, Kolkata
Kolkata, West Bengal | UGCNIRF Rank : 10
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | Savitribai Phule Pune University, PuneNIRF Rank : 10
Madras Christian College, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 13
PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu | Bharathiar University, CoimbatoreNIRF Rank : 22
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGC,AIUNIRF Rank : 29
St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli
Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu | Bharathidasan University, TiruchirappalliNIRF Rank : 39
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Vellore | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupathi
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
Phagwara, Punjab | UGC, AIU, PCI, NCTE, COA, ACBSP,NIRF Rank : 52
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Thanesar, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 53
Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation University(K L College of Engineering), Vaddeswaram
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh | University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical EducationNIRF Rank : 58
NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
Kolkata, West Bengal | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, KolkataNIRF Rank : 68
Farook College, Kozhikode
Kozhikode, Kerala | CALICUT UNIVERSITY, CALICUTNIRF Rank : 71
IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala
jalandhar | UGC, AICTENIRF Rank : 96
YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad
Faridabad, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 144
Dr Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | UGCNIRF Rank : 154
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Nadia
Kolkata, West Bengal | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, KolkataNIRF Rank : 165
Which industries are open for Multimedia Artist?
· Content Writing (Media)
· Film Industry
· Gaming Industry
· News Channel
· Radio stations
Ready to become Multimedia Artist?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Multimedia Artist?
A multimedia artist can obtain training through experience while working in entry-level jobs after earning degrees. Students in a degree program may complete internships to gain practical experience working and will also give you contacts for future reference.
What does the future look like for Multimedia Artist?
Over the next ten years, the employment of multimedia artists and animators is expected to expand at a rate of 4 percent, which is about as fast as the overall growth rate for all occupations. The rising need for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television is expected to fuel the industry's projected expansion. Consumers will continue to want more realistic video games, special effects in movies and television shows, and three-dimensional movies in the future.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum