Who is Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
Maintenance technicians perform routine maintenance and repairs on machinery. They clean and lubricate equipment, do basic diagnostic checks, monitor the machine's operation, and test broken machine components to see if extensive repairs are required. Maintenance technicians must conform to machine specifications and maintenance schedules. They normally do small repairs, deferring to industrial equipment mechanics for serious repairs. Additionally, they start machinery and examine mechanical activities to ascertain the efficiency and find malfunctions. Additionally, they are accountable for creating mechanical maintenance reports via the collection, analysis, and summarization of data and trends.
Typical day at work
What does Maintenance Worker, Machinery do?
A maintenance worker sometimes referred to as a repair worker, maintenance technician, or building maintenance technician, organises, cleans, and maintains buildings, their grounds, and any equipment or machinery contained therein. Typically, property owners or managers engage building maintenance personnel to guarantee that their facilities remain in excellent condition. They are commonly employed in hospitals, retail establishments, institutions, offices, hotels, and housing. They provide extra assistance to guests and other workers as required.
Building maintenance workers often work full-time hours and may be needed to react to emergencies during the evenings and weekends. Each day is unique in our sector and requires a unique set of work obligations. Employees in maintenance are usually needed to work both indoors and outdoors, depending on the weather. Regardless of location, this occupation typically needs a high level of physical activity, including lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders and stairs, travelling long distances, and standing for lengthy periods.
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to make sure that the machine is running smoothly
- Detect minor problems by performing basic diagnostic tests
- Test malfunctioning machinery to determine whether major repairs are needed
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Clean and lubricate equipment or machinery
- Move machinery and equipment
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
- Manual dexterity. When handling very small parts, workers must have a steady hand and good hand-eye coordination.
- Mechanical skills. Workers must be able to reassemble large, complex machines after finishing a repair.
- Technical skills. Industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers and millwrights use technical manuals and sophisticated diagnostic equipment to figure out why machines are not working.
- Troubleshooting skills. Industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers and millwrights must observe and properly diagnose and fix problems that a machine may be having.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology
Chandigarh |NIRF Rank : 1
Ludhiana |NIRF Rank : 1
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh | AICTE, NBANIRF Rank : 14
Lovely Professional University
Delhi | University Grants Commission (UGC)NIRF Rank : 38
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupathi
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
Phagwara, Punjab | UGC, AIU, PCI, NCTE, COA, ACBSP,NIRF Rank : 52
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi | University of Delhi, DelhiNIRF Rank : 88
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
Chennai | NAAC; UGCNIRF Rank : 95
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra | University of Mumbai, MumbaiNIRF Rank : 105
NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
Govindapura, Karnataka | Visvesvaraya Technological University, BelagaviNIRF Rank : 142
Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
Sangli, Maharashtra | Shivaji University, KolhapurNIRF Rank : 153
Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata
Kolkata, West Bengal | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, KolkataNIRF Rank : 160
Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, A. Rangampet
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, HyderabadNIRF Rank : 167
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar
Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 173
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology, Chittoor
Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh | Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, AnantapurNIRF Rank : 176
Which industries are open for Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
Ready to become Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
What does the future look like for Maintenance Worker, Machinery?
Industrial machinery mechanics, machinery maintenance workers, and millwrights employment are anticipated to rise at a rate of 5% between 2020 and 2030, nearly as fast as the average for all professions. Employment growth will be different for different occupations. Increased use of advanced industrial technology will need the hiring of more mechanics and millwrights to maintain machines in good working condition. Increased automation, especially the usage of many computer-controlled machines in factories and industrial facilities, should increase the need for equipment maintenance professionals to ensure the machines continue to operate correctly.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum