Who is Fitness Therapist?
A fitness therapist is an individual who provides fitness guidance to help clients promote their physical health status. They create tailor-made fitness and wellness programs for individuals and large groups. They prescribe workout cycles based on clients' physical requirements and keep a check on their developments. A physical therapist attends to grown-ups and children to help them heal from injuries or chronic diseases. They also provide a helping hand with cardiac rehabilitation. A fitness therapist's function is to manage patients so that they can return to their standard capabilities as much as possible. Fitness therapy is a kind of treatment that uses fitness postures, breathing practices, meditation, and supervised imagery to enhance mental and physical health. They focus on the holistic development of fitness therapy, supporting an individual's mind, body, and spirit.
Typical day at work
What does Fitness Therapist do?
A fitness therapist advises clients on exercise and other health-related issues. They frequently work with clients one-on-one to analyse their requirements and build a lifestyle approach to assist them in achieving fitness objectives such as weight loss or muscle growth. They frequently instruct their customers in specific fitness routines, such as weightlifting or yoga. They may also guide areas such as diet and motivation.
The roles and responsibilities handled by a fitness therapist are:
- They plan, prepare or carry out exclusively created plans of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical condition. These conditions can be hampering of basic functioning, release pain, limit physical dysfunction in patients.
- They must administer and document an initial examination of the client to identify problems to get a better hand in diagnosis before investigation.
- They must instruct the patient as well as family members about the treatment processes that need to be continued at home.
- They must have a thorough discussion with the patients, medical experts and other appropriate people to plan, execute and evaluate the intervention program.
- They need to notify their patients and assign them to relevant experts when a diagnosis is made and findings suggest an option outside physical therapy.
- They must identify and record goals, expected progress and strategies of reevaluation.
- They must connect clients to community sources or services for a better overall experience.
- They are required to guide and teach physical therapy scholars or those in another wellness sector.
- They are expected to conduct as well as support researches. They must also apply the research findings to their sessions.
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Fitness Therapist?
- The ability and skills required to become a fitness therapist are skills like active listening. This helps them give full attention to what problem the client is concentrating on. Asking appropriate questions and keeping in mind not to interfere while inappropriate times.
- They must possess critical thinking skills. This helps them use logic and reasoning skills to recognise the strengths and weaknesses and alternative solutions to the problems faced by the clients.
- Their reading comprehension skill must also be strong enough to help them understand work-related written material. Finally, they must be service-oriented, which means they are expected to actively study new ways to help people.
- They must also have an excellent level of ability and understanding of fitness. In addition, they must be good at conveying complex ideas to a wide range of people. Also, an ability to empathise with people of different abilities is a must.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Fitness Therapist?
Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
New Delhi | Delhi UniversityNIRF Rank : 5
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | Savitribai Phule Pune University, PuneNIRF Rank : 10
JSS Medical College, Mysore
Mysuru, Karnataka | Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, KarnatakaNIRF Rank : 17
Punjabi University, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGC, NAAC.AIUNIRF Rank : 18
Lady Irwin College, Delhi
New Delhi | University of DelhiNIRF Rank : 21
Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai
Velappanchavadi, Chennai | MCINIRF Rank : 25
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGC,AIUNIRF Rank : 29
Women`s Christian College, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 32
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Rohtak, Haryana | UGC, NAAC-ANIRF Rank : 32
Thiagarajar College, Madurai
Madurai, Tamil Nadu | Madurai Kamaraj University, MaduraiNIRF Rank : 34
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Varanasi | ACU AIU NAAC UGCNIRF Rank : 39
Queen Mary`s College, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | University of Madras, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 40
Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana
Mullana, Haryana | Maharishi Markandeshwar University, MullanaNIRF Rank : 41
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupathi
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 46
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Raipur, Chhattisgarh | UGCNIRF Rank : 48
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
Bethune College, Kolkata
Kolkata | ?University of CalcuttaNIRF Rank : 50
Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
Phagwara, Punjab | UGC, AIU, PCI, NCTE, COA, ACBSP,NIRF Rank : 52
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Thanesar, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 53
JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore
Mysuru | UGCNIRF Rank : 55
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Allahabad
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh | UGC, ACU AIU IAU IAUANIRF Rank : 56
St. Teresa's College, Ernakulam
Ernakulam Kochi, Kerala | Mahatma Gandhi University, KottayamNIRF Rank : 64
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Solan
Solan, Himachal Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 65
Muthurangam Govt. Arts College, Vellore
Vellore, Tamil Nadu | Thiruvalluvar University, VelloreNIRF Rank : 98
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad
Faridabad, Haryana | Manav Rachna International University, FaridabadNIRF Rank : 164
Which industries are open for Fitness Therapist?
- Self employed therapists
- Online therapists
- Part time therapists
Ready to become Fitness Therapist?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Fitness Therapist?
There are no academic requirements to become a professional Fitness therapist. To thrive in this field, you will simply need natural talent, determination, strength, technique and discipline. Your interest should start out as a hobby.
What does the future look like for Fitness Therapist?
The career outlook of a fitness therapist is to improve physical and mental conditions, balance, posture, and flexibility. The job opportunities in this sector are expected to grow in a few years. The job prospects for these trainers will increase by at least 19%, which is faster than that of any other occupation in this sector. This may grant possibilities to therapists interested in working for colleges, youth leagues, healthcare facilities, and more. They are applying Fitness exercises to relieve physical and mental health situations. It has a sense of developing self-care and promoting overall well-being. In addition, they may work as athletic trainers, during sports events and for other special needs, which demands flexibility in their travelling schedule.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum