Who is Environmental Restoration Planner?
An environmental restoration planner performs laboratory and field studies to monitor the environment and assess ecosystem conditions in order to identify the level of pollution, climate change, natural processes, and human activity-related consequences. Environmental restoration planners assess the need for environmental repair and conservation initiatives based on their research findings in these areas. They build restoration strategies using data from ecosystems and geographic imaging systems.
Typical day at work
What does Environmental Restoration Planner do?
An environmental restoration planner conducts laboratory and field experiments to monitor the environment and analyse pollution sources, particularly those hazardous to one's health. Numerous workers are supervised and evaluated by environmental experts and professionals. The majority of environmental restoration planners work for the government, either at the state or local level or for private consulting firms. Environmental restoration planners in local governments implement policies that safeguard the environment and people's health. They devote a significant amount of time to inspecting companies and public locations and investigating air quality, water quality, and food safety complaints. They have the authority to impose fines and shut down firms that violate environmental or health requirements. Environmental restoration planners operate in private consulting firms, assisting clients with environmental monitoring and management and compliance with applicable laws. They assist firms in developing cleanup strategies for hazardous locations and make recommendations on how to reduce, regulate, or eliminate pollution.
Planners use the study results to determine the need for environmental remediation and conservation efforts by incorporating ecosystems and geographical imaging system data, biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software to create restoration plans.
- Develop and suggest recommendations for landowners for land management, conversation, maintenance, and restoration of environmental conditions.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies to other professionals
- Conduct site inspections to approve a habitat or to determine environmental degradation or need for restoration.
- Establish plans and budgets for the environmental restoration projects
- Establish habitat management or restoration plans
- Manage and deliver technical guidance, training, or assistance on environmental planning, restoration planning or strategies to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals
- Apply for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects
- Create diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning, using geographic information systems, computer-aided design, or other mapping or diagramming software.
- Recognize short- and long-term effects of environmental remediation activities
- Study environmental impact to inspect the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies
- Assess existing designs in environmental remediation
- Inspect active remediation sites and make natural resource management plans based on state and federal environmental regulatory requirements
- Recognize environmental mitigation alternatives, safeguarding compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations
- Create environmental models or simulations, using geographic information system data and knowledge of particular ecosystems or ecological regions
- Notify regulatory or permitting agencies of deviations from implemented remediation plans
- Create and supervise restoration plans in construction, modification, operation, acquisition, or divestiture on sites with power transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, fuel refineries, geothermal plants, wind or solar farms
- Develop mathematical models of environmental conditions
- Identify sustainable business practices.
Abilities & aptitude needed
What are the skills, abilities & aptitude needed to become Environmental Restoration Planner?
- One must be able to comprehend highly technical information such as raw data and scientific literature and have a firm grasp of mathematical principles.
- Research abilities are precious since environmental restoration planners are often tasked with poring through written legislation and other materials to make client suggestions.
- They must also possess the ability to communicate both orally and in written documents effectively. In addition, they must be prompt at analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving, social sensitivity, judgement and decision making skills, interpersonal skills, time and team management.
Which course I can pursue?
Which are the best colleges to attend to become Environmental Restoration Planner?
Presidency College, Chennai
Chennai | UGCNIRF Rank : 3
School of Planning and Architecture Bhopal
Bhauri, Madhya Pradesh | AICTENIRF Rank : 6
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada
Velpuru, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 9
Hans Raj College, Delhi
Delhi | Delhi University,UGCNIRF Rank : 9
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Pune, Maharashtra | Savitribai Phule Pune University, PuneNIRF Rank : 10
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | Sri Ramachandra University (SRU)NIRF Rank : 11
Madras Christian College, Chennai
Chennai | University of MadrasNIRF Rank : 13
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh | AICTE, NBANIRF Rank : 14
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad
Dhanbad, Jharkhand | Indian Institute of technologyNIRF Rank : 15
JSS Medical College, Mysore
Mysuru, Karnataka | Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, KarnatakaNIRF Rank : 17
Kirori Mal College, Delhi
Delhi | University of DelhiNIRF Rank : 18
Punjabi University, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGC, NAAC.AIUNIRF Rank : 18
Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali
Jaipur, Rajasthan | UGCNIRF Rank : 19
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
Mangaluru, Karnataka |NIRF Rank : 21
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
Patiala, Punjab | UGCNIRF Rank : 23
Fergusson College, Pune
Pune | Savitribai Phule Pune UnisversityNIRF Rank : 27
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Nagpur, Maharashtra | UGC,AIUNIRF Rank : 29
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Rohtak, Haryana | UGC, NAAC-ANIRF Rank : 32
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu | Anna UniversityNIRF Rank : 37
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Varanasi | ACU AIU NAAC UGCNIRF Rank : 39
Queen Mary`s College, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | University of Madras, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 40
Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneshwar | UGC,NBA,AIUNIRF Rank : 44
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu | Sathyabama University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 47
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Raipur, Chhattisgarh | UGCNIRF Rank : 48
Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
NOIDA | UGC?, ?NAAC?, ?WASC?, ?AIU?, ?ACUNIRF Rank : 49
Bethune College, Kolkata
Kolkata | ?University of CalcuttaNIRF Rank : 50
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Thanesar, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 53
JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore
Mysuru | UGCNIRF Rank : 55
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Allahabad
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh | UGC, ACU AIU IAU IAUANIRF Rank : 56
Sacred Heart College, Ernakulam
Thevara, Kochi | Mahatma Gandhi University, KottayamNIRF Rank : 57
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Solan
Solan, Himachal Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 65
Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 89
IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala
jalandhar | UGC, AICTENIRF Rank : 96
Sri Meenakshi Government College for Women, Madurai
Madurai, Tamil Nadu | Madurai Kamaraj University, MaduraiNIRF Rank : 97
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra | University of Mumbai, MumbaiNIRF Rank : 105
Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla
Burla, Odisha | UGCNIRF Rank : 126
Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
Mevalurkuppam, Tamil Nadu | Anna University, ChennaiNIRF Rank : 139
YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad
Faridabad, Haryana | UGCNIRF Rank : 144
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Nadia
Kolkata, West Bengal | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, KolkataNIRF Rank : 165
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar
Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh | UGCNIRF Rank : 173
Which industries are open for Environmental Restoration Planner?
Ready to become Environmental Restoration Planner?
Take the world’s best assessment test !Take a free demo
Are there internships available for Environmental Restoration Planner?
What does the future look like for Environmental Restoration Planner?
Environmental restoration planners work in both offices and laboratories. Many environmental restoration planners often work in teams with scientists, geoscientists, hydrologists, engineers, and technicians to work on complex problems related to environmental degradation, public health, manage the clean up of contaminated soils and ground water.
Planners who work either for state or local government spend a lot of time inspecting businesses and public places; investigating complaints related to air and water quality and food safety; enforcing environmental regulations; issuing fines, or closing establishments that violate environmental or health regulations.
In private consulting firms, environmental restoration planners help clients monitor and manage the environment; comply with regulations; develop clean up plans for contaminated sites; suggest ways to reduce, control, or eliminate pollution; and conduct feasibility studies for new construction projects.
Fieldwork exposes you to a range of environments and weather conditions. They spend most of their time on their feet, establishing monitoring or testing equipment, which may be strenuous physically. In addition, they may be required to travel in order to meet with customers or inspect sites.
Explore related career
Finance And Accounts | 12th | CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT for Master’sSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Entertainment & Media | 12th | National School of Drama entranceSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACET Finance And Accounts | 12th + Graduation in Maths/Actuarial | CAT/ GMAT/ACETSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum
Medicine & Allied Healthcare | 12thSalary : Rs 1,00,000 - Rs 10,00,000 per annum